August 15, 2014
•Lindsey A. Boys, 29, of 523 West College was arrested about 4:38 p.m. Friday on a charge of retail theft under $300.
• A vehicle caught fire on Lincoln Avenue near Diamond Grove about 3:36 p.m. Friday. The vehicle was destroyed when the fire spread from the engine compartment to the inside of the vehicle.
Jacksonville fire Capt. Beth Kershaw said the vehicle was being driven when the occupant smelled smoke and pulled over. When the driver opened the hood of the car, air entered the compartment and the fire spread.
The cause of the fire is undeterminable because of the extent of the damage. There were no injuries.
• A residence on Gettysburg Drive was broken into between 5 p.m. Thursday and noon Friday, according to a report filed about noon Friday.
South Jacksonville Police
• Kenneth W. Shilling, 43, of Havana was arrested about 8:05 p.m. Thursday on three Mason County warrants accusing him of failing to pay fines on contempt of court charges and on a Fulton County warrant related to a civil matter.
• Radeane M. King, 68, of Carrollton was arrested about 12:55 p.m. Friday by sheriff’s deputies and members of the South Central Illinois Drug Task Force on charges of production of cannabis more than 20 plants, possession of a firearm by a felon and possession of more than 500 grams of cannabis.
• Shane M. Coultas, 24, of White Hall turned himself in to authorities at the Greene County Sheriff’s Department about 9:50 a.m. Friday on a Greene County warrant on a petition to revoke probation.
White Hall Police
• Christopher M. Morris, 23, of White Hall was arrested about 12:12 a.m. Friday on Sangamon County warrants accusing him of assault and aggravated battery and failing to appear in court on a retail theft charge.
— Compiled by Greg Olson, David C.L. Bauer and Samantha McDaniel-Ogletree