The Altus City Council released the agenda for a regularly scheduled meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the city council chambers at 509 S. Main St. in Altus immediately following the Municipal Authority meeting.
After an invocation and Pledge of Allegiance, the meeting agenda is:
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Comments from the audience
4. Consent agenda for routine matters
– a. Minutes approval for the City Council meeting of July 5
– b. Receive and acknowledge receipt of claims list.
– c. Acknowledge monthly reports from Cable One and Southern Prairie Library System.
– d. Consider, discuss and vote to authorize the city manager to execute contract with C.E. Williams Construction of Lone Wolf for security improvements to the police department evidence room for $4,800.
– e. Consider, discuss and vote to approve resolution to allow Janice Cain to serve remainder of term as trustee on the Oklahoma Municipal Assurance Group or OMAG board of directors until June 30, 2017.
– f. Approve a memorandum of understanding with the Fraternal Order of Police on Taser training to settle a grievance arising out of a disciplinary action imposed on a police officer for use of a Taser.
5. Consider, discuss and vote to purchase a Case 621F wheel loader for the street department for $153,294.49.
6. Consider, discuss and vote to amend ordinance language about filing DUI and DWI offenses in court.
7. Consider, discuss and vote to place stop signs at the intersection of Val Verde Street and Tiera Rica Circle.
8-10. Consider, discuss and vote to modify the language in emergency ordinances.
11. Receive report from the street commissioner and city engineer about Wilmes Ford area flooding.
12. Consider, discuss and vote to allow owner Wade Hudson of J. Wes Properties rehabilitation of 801 North Willard.
13. Vote to go into executive session.
14. Consider and discuss negotiations between the City of Altus and International Association of Fire Fighters or IAFF, Local 2749 and vote in open session to approve collective bargaining agreement.
15. Discuss in executive session negotiations between the City of Altus and Fraternal Order of Police or FOP, Lodge 120, for a collective bargaining agreement.
16. Consider in open session any motions and votes relating to the executive session item or items.
17. Review, discuss and take possible action on other new business, if any.
18. Mayor’s appointments
19. City manager’s comments and report discussions
20. City council member’s comments and reports
21. Mayor’s comments and reports
For more information call City Clerk Debbie Davis at 580-481-2216.