Farm OperatingPlan necessaryto receive benfits

FSA News Carl Josefy

Just a few notes this week regarding eligibility. It seems there are always questions about it, so here are a few notes from a previous press release.

No Farm Service Agency or FSA program benefits can be afforded any producer until form CCC-902 “Farm Operating Plan for Payment Eligibility Review” and supporting documentation have been provided and county committee determinations made. The Farm Operating Plan does not need to be filed annually; however, producers are required to notify the FSA office of any changes in the farming operation which would affect an actively engaged in farming, cash-rent tenant, or foreign person determination. Changes that may affect a determination include, but are not limited to renting a new farm, giving up a farm, buying or selling land, or changing the structure of the farming operation. The review of farm operating plans by the county committee ensures that any producer is qualified and eligible to receive payments.

By statute, legal entities such as corporations, limited liability companies, trusts, and estates earning program benefits subject to a payment limitation must provide to the county committee the names, addresses, and ID numbers of the members of the legal entity. Documentation of signature authority is required for all entities.

Form AD-1026 “Highly Erodible Land Conservation or HELC and Wetland Certification or WC” must also be on file and a county committee determination made prior to receiving benefits for most programs.

Payment limitation and payment eligibility determinations may be initiated by the county committee or requested by the producer. All payment limitation and eligibility determinations, as well as Adjusted Gross Income or AGI certifications, are subject to spot check. A “not actively engaged in farming” determination may result in the loss or denial of all program benefits and request for repayment of U.S. Department of Agriculture or USDA payments or loans.

Have a great week.

Upcoming deadlines:

Sept. 30 – Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program or NAP sales closing date for grapes and barley, rye, triticale intended for grain.

Nov. 15 – final date to report all grass acreage (for hay or grazing). Ask about continuous certifications!

Nov. 30 – NAP sales closing date for grass or mixed forage hay and pecans.

Jan. 15 – final date to report all small grain acreage.

March 15 – NAP sales closing date for 2017 warm season grasses and spring or summer crops

For more information about FSA programs or eligibility for benefits including NAP, please contact the Jackson County FSA office at 580-482-4312, ext. 2. Be safe and have a great week.

FSA News Carl Josefy News Carl Josefy

Reach Carl Josefy at or 580-482-4312.

Reach Carl Josefy at or 580-482-4312.

comments powered by Disqus