Last updated: March 01. 2014 10:53AM - 416 Views

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

Altus – Carl Josefy, County Executive Director of the Jackson County Farm Service Agency (FSA) in Altus reminds producers with NAP coverage (Non-insured disaster Assistance Program) to timely file a notice of loss (CCC-576) if a loss is determined by the producer. A notice of loss must be provided by the earlier of:

* 15 calendar days after the date of the damaging weather or disaster occurrence or date damage to the specific crop acreage is apparent to the producer

* 15 calendar days after the normal harvest date.

A notice of loss should be filed as soon as possible (within 15 calendar days) after the producer with NAP coverage discovers a loss has occurred. For small grains and grass pastures intended for grazing, a loss could be determined by the producer after determining there was a reduction in grazing or available forage, poor stand, late emergence from dormancy, supplemental feeding started earlier than normal, etc. Failure to file a notice of loss will render a producer ineligible for NAP benefits if a loss occurs.

There have been reports of grazing losses occurring in the county on small grains and cool season grasses. If you purchased 2014 NAP grazing loss coverage for small grains and cool season grasses and have noticed a loss has or is occurring, you should report the loss immediately by filing form CCC-576 with FSA. For more information about NAP loss benefits or to file a notice of loss, please contact us (580) 482-4312, ext. 2, or visit the office at 3100 N Main Street, Suite C, in Altus, OK 73521. The office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus

Featured Businesses


Info Minute

Gas Prices

Altus Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com