The print edition of the Altus Times now features a new look designed to make the newspaper easier to read, more dependable in its layout, and more effective for our advertisers.
Even though we live in a digital age, with more people than ever turning to digital platforms to get the news and information they want, we recognize that our print products remain extremely important, both to thousands of readers and to our advertisers.
Over the past several months, we have listened closely as readers and advertisers have shared helpful comments, suggestions, and, yes, criticisms. The new look of our print product is in large part the result of the advice and requests we have received from our most qualified judges – the consumers who use our product as their leading source of information about our local community.
The changes you will notice include:
* Bigger type size and better line spacing to allow readers to more easily read every story.
* A more standardized headline style to make the presentation of news and information less confusing and easier to find and follow.
* Bigger photographs to take better advantage of the fact that a picture really is worth a thousand words, especially when it comes to the activities of local newsmakers and organizations.
* More consistency in our page-by-page presentation, so readers will always know where they can find obituaries, the weather report, opinion and commentary, and other features that are important parts of every edition.
* Better ad placement, especially with our clutter-free front page advertising packages.
As always, we understand that the most important service we provide is our emphasis on local news, sports, opinion and features. Recording and sharing the events, achievements, triumphs and sometimes tragedies of our neighbors and our community has been our historic mission for over 112 years, and that will always be our focus.
If it’s been a while since you checked out our print edition, we invite you to give us another look. We want to know what you think, and it’s easier than ever to interact with our editors and reporters, since every story in print and online includes email, phone and Twitter handles. Or just give us a call at 580-482-1221.
As always, thank you for allowing the Altus Times to bring your community to you, through the platform of your choice.